Meet Dr. Josh Winneberger
High-Quality Wilmington Dental Care
Dr. Josh Winneberger was born and raised here in Wilmington and has been a patient at Atlantic Dental Group since 2006. After he graduated from Hoggard High School (Go Vikings!), he received a B.S. in Biology from Wake Forest University in 2012 (Go DEACS!) and his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine in 2016 (Go PIRATES, ARGH!).
Dr. Winneberger went on to complete an Advanced Education in General Dentistry at the VA in Temple, Texas which allowed him to receive advanced training in implants, surgery, IV Sedation, sleep apnea, and complex restorative dentistry.
Dr. Winneberger prides himself on delivering high-quality dentistry, as well as developing long-lasting and trusting relationships with his patients and his amazing team. In order to better serve his patients, he continues to take extensive continuing education, including but not limited to:
- Spear Education courses in Comprehensive Dentistry
- The Pankey Institute Essentials 1 Continuum: Aesthetic & Functional Treatment Planning
- Kois Center: Treatment Planning and Functional Occlusion
- Blue Sky Bio Implants Advanced Hands-on Training for 3D implant planning and guided implantology
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification, Basic Life Support Certification
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry (Summer 2020)
- Oral and IV sedation training under Dental Anesthesiologist, David Canfield, D.M.D., M.S.
Dr. Winneberger is a member of the following organizations:
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- NC Dental Society
- American Prosthodontic Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantology
- Pankey Alumni Association
- Blue Sky Bio Academy
- Spear Study Club
- Cape Fear Dental Society
- Currently working toward advanced general and implant credentialing
In His Own Words
“I first got into dentistry through mission trips with the goal to help others become healthier and happier, and I couldn’t be more fulfilled than to make that happen here with our excellent family at Atlantic Dental Group. I take pride in my work, I love working with my team, and when the end result is a happy and smiling patient – that’s what motivates me each and every day!”
– Dr. Winneberger
Away From the Office
Dr. Winneberger is excited to be home and practice near the beach. Some of his favorite hobbies include surfing, snowboarding, golf, traveling, hunting, beach volleyball, and enjoying time with friends and family. He also has an extremely well-trained Pug named Lilo.
Meet Dr. Josh Winneberger – Schedule Your New Patient Appointment Today
When you are ready to experience Dr. Winneberger’s 5-star dental care, schedule your Comprehensive New Patient Exam by calling 910-762-0958 or by clicking here to use our online scheduling form. Your appointment includes an oral cancer screening, a periodontal exam, a tooth-by-tooth exam, an aesthetic consultation, and a TMj and bite pattern exam.
We look forward to helping you achieve your happiest, healthiest smile!
As one of the premier dental practices in Wilmington, NC, our doctors and staff at Atlantic Dental Group also provide 5-star dental care to patients from Leland, Brunswick, and Wrightsville Beach & Carolina Beach, NC, and surrounding areas.